Our GREEN Values
Camp is fun and magical for the children, but it is also much more than that. Having strong values that are modeled consistently and intentionally by our staff leads to lifelong friendships and personal growth. Confident campers with strong values will then have the tools to become our future leaders and innovators.
The Shibley community has ALWAYS displayed these values, and now we have created a wonderful way to highlight and celebrate them. It is with great pleasure that we introduce to you Shibley Day Camp's Values:
- We are givers. We put others before ourselves. If we give all that we have to others, we will get back much, much more in return.
- We will work hard to make personal connections with others and earn their respect. We will respect ourselves and the Shibley environment.
- We will share and feel the emotions of other members of our community. We will listen and show respect for alternate points of view even when we may disagree with them.
- We will exhaust every option and use every bit of energy to meet our goals.
- We will care for and nurture our community of diverse individuals. We are a family and will treat each member of our community as such.
This summer we will introduce Thursdays and encourage all campers and staff to wear as much green as possible. We will also celebrate members of the Shibley community who consistently display these values at camp.
I am looking forward to #GREENTHURSDAYS this summer since I love opportunities to model and celebrate these values and also green is my favorite color!